Chewy

why hello there

Re: Chewy

Postby Tray » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Not being a dick here, but doesn't matter to me who's going to play it. The track record for reliability for a lot of people in MMOs isn't all that great. I'm going to shopping around a guild that has like minded players, and hopefully secure a spot.

I will say the more I see of SWTOR the more it's piqued my interest as well though, so I might be giving that a try as well, it all depends on the timing of each.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Burning Arrow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Ingoodhands wrote:
Tray wrote:http://youtu.be/xBC_ig73aMs

http://youtu.be/F3uMlHSbPSY

hmmm....

So who all is wanting to play this? We get a solid group of people to resurrect, would take us a lot longer to dwindle due to repeatability.

A lot more different from WoW than my initial thoughts.

I'm in. Having a new computer built, so I've got to make it worth it lol.
Burning Arrow
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:26 am

Tray wrote:Not being a dick here, but doesn't matter to me who's going to play it. The track record for reliability for a lot of people in MMOs isn't all that great. I'm going to shopping around a guild that has like minded players, and hopefully secure a spot.

I will say the more I see of SWTOR the more it's piqued my interest as well though, so I might be giving that a try as well, it all depends on the timing of each.

TALONSGUILD.NET BRO #1 GUILD ON FIRETREE
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Highscores: 10

Postby Tray » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 am

Git wrote:TALONSGUILD.NET BRO #1 GUILD ON FIRETREE

I've been guilded with Mysterio once, I don't need to go through it again. Next time you're online, you should ask him if he ever banged that NE hunter chick he was in love with. (assuming you still play)
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Ingoodhands » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:38 am

Tray wrote:Not being a dick here, but doesn't matter to me who's going to play it. The track record for reliability for a lot of people in MMOs isn't all that great. I'm going to shopping around a guild that has like minded players, and hopefully secure a spot.

I'm just returning to MY PERSONAL glory days of playing with Yourself, The D Brothers, Besser, Rhenn, Anibris, Skalawhore, Nug, BA, and everyone else who doesn't leap to mind at 4 am. Then getting a chance to play with the shaman sisters Tony and Ezzy this ex-pac as well as actually experiencing Baconn conforming to the raid scene for a bit. Fucking good group of dudes. Half of that group going to GW2 would be more than enough of a base to start a decent community. The problem with Firetree is any unguilded max-level is unguilded for a reason. Either downy or personality disorders like Sharpz or Craigzor or that one fag we used at the end of the WOTLK for purples while the guild was on a hiatus (someone help me out with a name.)

Sure there's going to be other guilds from Eve/WoW/GW1/ yada, but there's also going to be a fair share of small groups of friends that may connect with us.

I mean we talked about it a while ago when my brother came back for a few weeks to WoW. I found it humorous that he was getting all stoked on his SFK drops and you were like, "Well, that's when a game is in it's peak to a player, when everything is new an exciting." Not your word for word quote but your message is mostly there.

This is that for us man. Leveling up and exploring zones that we don't know at all. Getting absoulutely butt fucked by a class we know nothing of and laughing at how hard we just got rolled. Taking over areas and making life hell for newer players before they patch the game to include more guards. Exploiting glitches (i.e. Baconn's gadget ganking/rocket launcher blockers) Its going to get old in probably 4 or 5 months, but if it can get everyone back together again, even if only for that ammount of time, I will gladly get my heartbroken again when it falls apart. And with the release of DotA2, theres going to be distractions when we need a break from the game. And unlike the HoN vs LoL, it won't seperate us in 2 to groups again.

I'd like to see this work and I know you would too, am I being naively hopeful, sure, but RoS is the group to game with and if there's a possibility of getting everyone/mostly everyone/partially everyone, I'm in.
chandos wrote:(However, we are both in agreement that ClumsyD is undeniably gay.)

Git wrote:Don't be Africa.
Ingoodhands
Reverend of Swagger

Highscores: 1

Postby Git » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:42 am

Tray wrote:
Git wrote:TALONSGUILD.NET BRO #1 GUILD ON FIRETREE

I've been guilded with Mysterio once, I don't need to go through it again. Next time you're online, you should ask him if he ever banged that NE hunter chick he was in love with. (assuming you still play)

account has been inactive for 3+ months now I think. And yeah he did, Nightsong was her name, and tbh she wasn't ugly irl at all so more power to him.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Sulmar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 am

also it looks badasssssssssssssssssssssss
Sulmar
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:45 am

Ingoodhands wrote:I'd like to see this work and I know you would too, am I being naively hopeful, sure, but RoS is the group to game with and if there's a possibility of getting everyone/mostly everyone/partially everyone, I'm in.

I've played other games with ROS people. Most times I'm the last one playing (save for Rod and Rift) because they got bored, or went back to WOW/HoN/DoTA/LOL. I'm not going to deny anyone who wants to play on the server I'm on, but as far as putting an effort in creating RoS on GW2, it probably won't happen.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Sulmar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:54 am

my job takes 95% of my time :(
Sulmar
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Sulmar wrote:my job takes 95% of my time :(

I'm not faulting anyone for not having enough time to play. I'm simply saying I can't plan my upcoming MMOs on people who have historically lost interest, or got busy with work.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Sulmar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 pm

yes but wow costs money. whereas I can't play wow atm because I don't really wanna waste $15 a month to play whenever I "get a chance",
GW2 doesn't have that monthly fee so I can hop on whenever without worrying about keeping a subscription paid
Sulmar
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Sulmar wrote:yes but wow costs money. whereas I can't play wow atm because I don't really wanna waste $15 a month to play whenever I "get a chance",
GW2 doesn't have that monthly fee so I can hop on whenever without worrying about keeping a subscription paid

i think you forgot to mention that this last expansion is a reskinned version of vanilla, with flying mounts. Fuck, half the instances are from 60/70 that I know of, and a bunch of bosses barely have much changed. Stupid shit imo. WoW is old and tried. GW could be fun and new, and I don't think anyone would fault you Tray if you joined a guild lol. Might help a lot of people out here to be in a guild where other people do the legwork and you just show up and play.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Timos » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Tray wrote:Call of Who?

can't wait
Timos
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Rhen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 am

You pretending you won't be playing mw3 and bf3?
Toe to toe friend or foe it's all that I know
Rhen
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tenebris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:33 am

Tray wrote:Call of Who?

battlefield 2 was pretty much just awful. No chance i'm touching bf3 especially since you practically have to download it through EA
Tenebris
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Finlome » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:28 am

latest gw2 gameplay shown at gamescom - action-based skill gains - dynamic events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMTs74eW ... r_embedded
Finlome
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Sulmar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 am

man that dragon fight looked awesome!
and he said that was one of their smaller ones
Sulmar
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Skalator » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm

GW2 does look awesome. I was in BF3 Alpha and it was pretty good. Good graphics and the controls were more fluid. I preordered it through origin because since I was in alpha they gave me mass effect 2 when i did.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/firetree/skalator/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/firetree/skalahoe/simple
Skalator
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Tray
Reverend of Swagger

PreviousNext

Return to General