The Walking Dead

why hello there

The Walking Dead

Postby Tray » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Timos:

Shane has to be kept around, at least for now. He's the dark side of Rick that Rick hasn't developed yet. Until the TV version of Rick becomes more like the comic version, I figure Shane will stick around. I'm hoping that him shooting Sophia is a transition to him finding his dark side.


Spoiler: show
I hear Michonne is going to be in the second half of this season. Does that mean they'll make it to the prison? Will it suck if it's "watered down" because it's on TV? I see Woodbury being much tamer as well, and I'd really rather see The Governor not even introduced rather than suck.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Timos » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 pm

I can't imagine them even coming close to making the TV version of the prison arc as cool as the comic version. I realize Shane has to stick around in the show, that's why I don't really associate the TV show with the comic anymore except that the characters are similar.

As an aside if you really liked The Walking Dead comic, you should definitely check out some of Robert Kirkman's other series. I'll suggest Invincible as it's been one of my favorite series for quite a while (assuming you haven't already checked it out)
User avatar
Timos
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Tray » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:47 pm

We got an ipad last month and I've got a backlog of comics I've been going through. I have some of those downloaded that I haven't gotten to yet.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Timos » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 pm

The first several issues are a lot of build up before shit really hits the fan. IMO Kirkman is one of the best at developing characters in the industry right now, and after the first or second arcs Ryan Ottley my favorite artist in comics takes over
User avatar
Timos
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Rabblerouser » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Yes, they're zombies. But blowing the head off a child seems kind of daring to me, for a channel like AMC anyways.
Rabblerouser
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:35 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Ingoodhands » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:54 pm

AMC also featured a show where the main plot is about running a meth lab and in one episode the put a thug in a drum of acid.

THIS AINT NICK JR
chandos wrote:(However, we are both in agreement that ClumsyD is undeniably gay.)

Git wrote:Don't be Africa.
User avatar
Ingoodhands
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:38 am
Highscores: 1

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Tray » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Killing a zombie kid (Sophia was the second one to die, after the little girl in the parking lot after Rick gets out of the hospital) is very tame compared to where they go with the graphic novel.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby sturdyTURTLE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:36 pm

I hope they do eventually get into the prison arc storyline... I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with me wanting to be self-sufficient farmer. Personally, this reflects a dream, a revolution of how our society is actually shaped today and a very interesting alternative to city dwelling.
Reeve
Manager of the BRouge Raccoonicorns, the 2012 RoS Fantasy Football League Champions
User avatar
sturdyTURTLE
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby chandos » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:04 pm

sturdyTURTLE wrote:I hope they do eventually get into the prison arc storyline... I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with me wanting to be self-sufficient farmer. Personally, this reflects a dream, a revolution of how our society is actually shaped today and a very interesting alternative to city dwelling.


Hahahahahaha. Everyone must eventually awaken from the dream.
User avatar
chandos
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby sturdyTURTLE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:47 pm

everyone except the dreamers
mr i want to own a farm somewhere on a hilltop
Reeve
Manager of the BRouge Raccoonicorns, the 2012 RoS Fantasy Football League Champions
User avatar
sturdyTURTLE
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Tray » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:33 am

Hey hey we did have one, must have missed it my first time scanning through.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Timos » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:43 am

As much as I like hating on the second season, the first season was amazing and I'm rooting for season three to be great. Plus I really like the addition of Daryl as a character that doesn't appear in the comics
User avatar
Timos
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Ingoodhands » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 am

Spoiler: show
I liked it. I was kinda bored when Maggy and Hershel's other daughter were singing and the rest of that campfire bit. I'm starting to wonder if they want you to hate Lori so it won't be so bad when they kill her off. But wasn't the Woodbury/prison part like 5 chapters? I don't really think you can make that more than a season long. So any theories of it being watered down will likely be accurate if it's going to be rushed. But the whole clearing out the prison was really close to the books. Kinda saw Hershel getting bit coming a mile away and when they started running you could tell they would end up in the cafeteria. All the same, entertaining television.
chandos wrote:(However, we are both in agreement that ClumsyD is undeniably gay.)

Git wrote:Don't be Africa.
User avatar
Ingoodhands
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:38 am
Highscores: 1

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Sulmar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:32 pm

chandos wrote:
sturdyTURTLE wrote:I hope they do eventually get into the prison arc storyline... I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with me wanting to be self-sufficient farmer. Personally, this reflects a dream, a revolution of how our society is actually shaped today and a very interesting alternative to city dwelling.


Hahahahahaha. Everyone must eventually awaken from the dream.


is that a Wheel of Time Aiel reference?
User avatar
Sulmar
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby chandos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Sulmar wrote:
chandos wrote:
sturdyTURTLE wrote:I hope they do eventually get into the prison arc storyline... I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with me wanting to be self-sufficient farmer. Personally, this reflects a dream, a revolution of how our society is actually shaped today and a very interesting alternative to city dwelling.


Hahahahahaha. Everyone must eventually awaken from the dream.


is that a Wheel of Time Aiel reference?



dang...you catch everything. i remember you got the sparkle motion quote too.
User avatar
chandos
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Tenebris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:05 pm

just finished last sunday's episode

Spoiler: show
thank god that fucking bitch is dead.
User avatar
Tenebris
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: Lousiana

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Tray » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Spoiler: show
Would have been nice if she went the way she did in the comics, but that would have required a couple of more episodes.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Timos » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Tray wrote:
Spoiler: show
Would have been nice if she went the way she did in the comics, but that would have required a couple of more episodes.

Spoiler: show
I haven't been watching, she didn't get gunned down by the governor's crew in a massive raid on the prison compound? That part was easily my favorite in the entire comic series so far
User avatar
Timos
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Tray » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Nope

Spoiler: show
Died in child birth, Carl put her down after they cut the baby out.


I think they've painted themselves into a corner going this route, compared to how it played out in the comics.

Oh and
Spoiler: show
Image
Tray
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Ingoodhands » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 am

Spoiler: show
Tyreese (PLAYED BY NONE OTHER THAN MOTHER FUCKING CUTTY!) made it in. His daughter's name was Julie and I think he called the one black girl Sasha so they're not going that route. I was kind of curious how they were going to have 2 token black dudes but they got rid of the other one in good form. Like 5 seconds of giving a shit and then "Welp, can't be helped." I'm pretty sure Daryl will make it to the end of the series if not survive altogether, but the suspense is there. All in all, I thought it was a pretty good cliff hanger, but then again I don't really see flaws in WD, GoT, Breaking Bad, Archer. TV is so good to me these days. Except sports. Its a sad day when I have to cheer for Bama.
chandos wrote:(However, we are both in agreement that ClumsyD is undeniably gay.)

Git wrote:Don't be Africa.
User avatar
Ingoodhands
Reverend of Swagger
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:38 am
Highscores: 1

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

cron