So I've been playing World of Warcraft.

why hello there

So I've been playing World of Warcraft.

Postby Git » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi guys, you all know me as Git from the internet. Some of you actually gave me that lovely title that I wear as a symbol of honor and pride.

I recently reactivated my WoW account, and I've been fucking around, talking to Tony, Adesiree, and Rabblerouser and I can say the following:

Same old WoW, kinda. Same shit, different level cap.

The PvP is a LOT less bursty than in BC and prior, you dont get stunlocked to death. The rock paper scissors deathknights affect seems to be in full play. All characters look to be fairly sustainable, which is nice. The balance is better than it's ever been and skill does play an active role, strategy as well.

Rated battlegrounds seem fucking cool, but I don't think I have a group who could play it with me that i wouldn't just be disappointed with.

PvP gear is excessively easy to get. I dinged 85, and 2 days later I have the best daggers in the game and almost a full set of last season's pvp gear.

Raids are uh... well, they have a new "looking for raid" system where you can basically raid the content but with a little easier level so people can just zerg it down. If you just want to see the cool bosses and shit, this kinda works. Additionally, you can do the LFR thing as a guild (dont have to pug it) and this could be somewhat in-line with the casual status of our old crew. Bring who you can, pug the rest.

Instances are still lame and zergable, the bosses are still rehashed old mechanics for the most part. They redid the ragnaros encounter. It's not too hard.

Overall though, I've been suprised at how enjoyable WoW can be for a casual who reactivates and doesn't really intend to play longterm. Whereas previous I would reup, spend a month farming gear, and still not be able to compete, it took me mere days to level and get geared. Yeah, for the hardcore gamers we all used to be this is disgustingly easymode, but for who most of us are now, it kinda fits the mold rather nicely.

I give WoW in its current state a B-

I also think some of you guys should come check it out and re-evaluate things. I'd love to have people to play with that I know. I soloed molten core, tony and I duo'd bwl and had some good laughs. Then we went to AQ with Ades and pulled out some pretty retarded strats. You shoulda seen 3man emps. Dumbest, shit, ever. It took us probably half an hour to work it out. We also pulled a shit ton of trash when we snagged the boss. :D

Anyway, if you're between games, or sick of LoL (YEAH YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), come fuck around on WoW for a month and see what's going on. If you check your e-mail you're registered to, you might have a pass for a free 10 days as well.

Love,

Git
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Highscores: 10

Re: So I've been playing World of Warcraft.

Postby Rodviper » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Last time i checked it out in october it was the same old shit as before. I'll come back for a month and see how it is again.
Rodviper
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Rodviper wrote:Last time i checked it out in october it was the same old shit as before. I'll come back for a month and see how it is again.

There's a rogue-only quest line that gets you badass daggers, and is actually pretty fun/challenging. Gotta pickpocket a boss in the new instance dragonsoul or some shit like that. I've got friends who will help in that respect :D. Also, agreed on "same old shit" for sure, but it's much easier to get up to speed and have a little fun without having to spend all your time doing so.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby tonavin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:04 pm

I re-subbed on November... 22nd? I believe. It's been fun seeing the new shit in 4.3. I actually am one of the few who likes the new idea of the LFR, to let all the bads see the latest content. I just think the loot dropped from it should be way lower ilvl. I legit killed Deathwing and got three pieces of gear (two T13 and a bad-ass mace) and I honestly don't think I looked at my screen more than three times. Aside from "Spine of Deathwing", I couldn't tell you the name of a single boss in the entire raid. Seriously. And y'know what, for a casual bro who doesn't really strive to be good at the game, that's AWESOME, because they are seeing the content they WANT to see. My beef is that they shouldn't be REWARDED awesome items just for "being there". That's all.

Overall though the game is still pretty fun to play. I don't know how long I'll keep my sub back up for, esp with SWTOR right there and D3 on the horizon, but it certainly isn't the worst way to spend a night or two of the week while trying to save up money for retarded tuition.
tonavin
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Rodviper » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 am

just did a raid...guy won all 3 items that droped it was a holy pally. 2 tier shoulders and tier hands. they have some shit called "Role Bonus" that gets added to your need roll. dunno how that works. w/e did 7 bosses in about 1hr 30mins pug.
Rodviper
Reverend of Swagger

Postby bacon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:01 am

roll bonus gives you +100 to your role if you queue'd as the role that the item dropped for: queue'd as a tank and tank trinket drops, you get +100 to your roll when you roll need. so if you roll need and clownshoe dps rolls need, you get +100 on your roll over him since he queue'd dps and not tank.

there's no round robin, so if something drops that you can roll need on, you can win as much loot as your luck holds out.
bacon
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm

account was stolen, but to be honest in about 2 weeks I had had enough anyway. Pvp in its current state doesn't appear very rogue-friendly, and it's more of a chess match than pvp. I had a duel with another rogue that lasted probably 3 minutes just beating on eachother with recuperate up.

I would give the game a D- after 2 weeks of playing it. It was fun-ish for those first couple weeks, though!
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby bacon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Actually rogues are probably the most important class in RBGs, with smoke bomb and stealth. Dropping flag carriers with shadow dance ambushes and smoke bombs, or stealing nodes in eots/basin with stealth makes rogues almost necessary. I don't know what you expect after 7 years, the game will never be balanced in 1v1 situations.
bacon
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:07 pm

No, I definitely get it, I just dont like how things take as long as they do to die. I can't drop any flag carrier with "shadow dances" unless I have 3 other people with me.

In BC, WOTLK, I could ambush someone for 1/4 of their HP. Now I'm lucky if it hits them for 1/10. And they can just pop some bullshit cooldown to heal for a zillion. Don't like the pvp now at all. It's less about just coordinating with a couple people to blow someone up and more about long, drawn out (read: boring) fighting.

Pug battlegrounds used to be horrible, but at least I could drag someone out of the pack and kill them, now I can't.

Point taken on rogues in battlegrounds being useful for stealign flags and such, but if I was running rbgs I would bring feral druids since they are equally sneaky and can actually tear people apart.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby bacon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 pm

must be you dude, cause even with 4400 resilience some rogues can bring me from full to 30% in a single kidney-shadowdance. I personally think the slower pace overall is better than in WotLK, when you had to use a cooldown anytime you came from behind a pillar or you died to the elemental shaman you were fighting.
bacon
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:31 pm

if I prep ambush someone then evisc, shadow dance and just spam ambush/evis I was usually getting people to 40%. Then they get out of stun, pop their healing abilities, stun me, what have you. Nobody really dies like they used to. Also when rogues are not shadow dancing they are doing suprisingly low dps.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Return to General