Raiding in Legion

why hello there

Raiding in Legion

Postby Dante » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:37 am

I am trying to build up a raid for Legion. I know we can do it. We have done it before. I just need people that are willing. Fuck going out and raiding with other guilds. We need to make RoS great again.
-We're still flying.
That's not much.
-It's enough.
Dante
Reverend of Swagger

Re: Raiding in Legion

Postby Git » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:13 am

Dante wrote:I am trying to build up a raid for Legion. I know we can do it. We have done it before. I just need people that are willing. Fuck going out and raiding with other guilds. We need to make RoS great again.

Git
Reverend of Swagger

Highscores: 10

Postby Tenebris » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:36 am

i enjoy raiding, but I honestly don't see RoS raiding as a guild ever again. We barely can get enough people to do a mythic 5 man. And thats just the bare minimum of three people required to make it a "guild group". I've been raiding with some randoms over on Tichondrious, or just puggin
Tenebris
Reverend of Swagger

Postby bacon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Git wrote:
Dante wrote:I am trying to build up a raid for Legion. I know we can do it. We have done it before. I just need people that are willing. Fuck going out and raiding with other guilds. We need to make RoS great again.

Gonna have to agree with Zack here though. Probably not going to happen as it is a rare oddity that more than 9 people are online at one time. That, and "serious" raiding does take obligations out of people, and we're all pretty busy and I doubt we'd ever get schedules coordinated enough.

If you guys do manage to make some magic happen and align some moons to get enough people around on a Tuesday night, and I'm around--totally down for it.
bacon
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:49 pm

RoS has been doomed to fail since you all left The Jewish Conspiracy. You needed those homosexuals to keep things organized.

So recruit a few queers and get back to the glory days?
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:27 pm

I dunno if I'd say "doomed to fail" and really those homosexuals did very little in regards to keeping things organized. That was us, well mostly Chandos but still. Karenx and his clique were simply warm bodies, and really 40 man raids were very very forgiving in regards to the quality of player you could bring, which changed in BC. Had we left a year sooner, we'd have been good, our only mistake imo was we left when most of us were transitioning out of that hardcore gamer mode. Work, school, life all were demanding more of our attention, and WOW got put in the backseat. Couple that with most of the FT population declining, and those that were here had this inflated sense of quality, but were as Baconn puts it bad dot com. Even still, we accomplished plenty in the following expansions, while The Jewish Conspiracy floundered after we left,I think primarily because of the previous mentioned inflated sense of ability, especially Karenx, I'd say they were the ones that actually failed, simply because we kept in touch, kept playing (sporadic as it was) and honestly finally ran into some like minded people (You and Timos come to mind Max)

THing is though, we've all been through enough expansions in WOW with our guild to know the routine. Xpac release, everyone is geeked up to do whatever, level fast get some gear, run heroics/pvp/what have you, then when you're on the verge to be able to run 10 man raids, people start getting back to their lives. Hell this stint of unemployment would have been a perfect opportunity for me to come back, and some times I miss it, the in game fun we have. I just can't be a casual WOW player, and I don't want to devote the amount of time I'd feel I'd have to, to be able to not be a casual.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:06 am

I think you took my statement too literally. Though lets be honest every good guild needs a few gays. They're like the weird glue that nobody understands.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Timos » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Git wrote:I think you took my statement too literally. Though lets be honest every good guild needs a few gays. They're like the weird glue that nobody understands.

Is that why tlc is/was almost 100% gays?
Timos
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Timos wrote:
Git wrote:I think you took my statement too literally. Though lets be honest every good guild needs a few gays. They're like the weird glue that nobody understands.

Closeted gays, no less. They could all pretend to be gay online, without having to open their buttholes to the world. It was a win/win.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:59 am

Those that I knew of:

Homoclique (not all were officers, just buttpirates of note)
Karenx, useless drama queen more than anything, average tank, we wanted Craps/dupont to MT and me and Sulmar to OT, he wouldn't have it
Sax, doubly useless, just a shit stirring loot whore really.
Lyrandril, good raider, wanted to do more, but he had plenty of personal issues he was working through, he'd freak the fuck out at the drop of a hat.
Adarclaude, didn't really do anything, was a fury warrior before they were really viable, fucker took my asscandy then server transferred

Questionables:
Chandos, did a lot early on, the "events" we'd do, were usually all his idea, he also did a lot of recruiting, he was very smitten with Crums.
Taggwynn, handled dkp, believe he also did strats for mages maybe? He was a FT raider through and through really, didn't want any drama, just wanted fat loots, frail little asian kid I believe, might actually have been gay, sounded it over vent

Hetero bros:
Craps/Dupont, raid strats, worked with Chandos and Tenebris on them iirc, everyone liked him, except for the loot whores he'd gkick (lol amze), imo linchpin of it all, when he graduated school and had to get a job his playtime dwindled
Rhen, random bluebase peeps, would come and go, helped when they could, usually kept their class in check more than anything.
Me, grouchy old man

Our homo's weren't really needed, their recruiting got us some asshats that most of us didn't want to raid with, drama in MC, ZG, and other lesser dungeons should have set off warnings for us. We always employed a shotgun blast recruiting approach, recruit as many fun/friendly sounding people we could, (lol application for guilds) gkick for slight infractions, when Craps' or my drunken gkicks effected being able to fill a raid, karenx and friends got pissy, and decided that their purples were more important than the quality of guild members. We were also heading into summer, which was right before BC, so our player base was dwindling, because people should spend time outside. Craps was taking a hiatus to focus on work, and didn't want Karenx to be GM anymore. Karenx claimed his account got hacked, but I think he gave Amze or Sax access to it or something, which sparked the meeting from Craps. I listened to Karenx cry over vent when this went down. Tene and I stood strong and wanted him gone, Taggwyn folded like a little bitch. I can't remember who became GM or even if he handed over the reins, but I remember that Tene and I were essentially in charge, we went a week or 2 and decided, that the people we wanted to play with weren't going to be back for another month or 2, so handed control back over to them. Essentially hoping we'd be able to raid at our leisure and Lyrandril would be the go between so we wouldn't have to deal with Karenx.

Karenx's fag hag that was handling the forums at the time, found Chandos' PM trojan that let us read their PMs. Found out about ROS early so pushed our plans ahead. It did spark this treasure though:

I mean that document just by itself meant we won.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:03 am

Timos wrote:

And really I knew Karenx might have been gay, knew Lyrandril was gay, I mean he sent Skalator a dick pic, and I had an idea that Sax was gay. The others I really didn't know about until either they or someone else told me. We had an exorbitant amount it seemed, I just assumed since we really didn't care, we just wanted cool people to slay internet dragons with, that it sort of drew them to us. Maybe it was a FT thing to have a ton of gays playing there, maybe it was the LGBLTBBQ server of choice.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby bacon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:01 am

Tray wrote:
Timos wrote:

And really I knew Karenx might have been gay, knew Lyrandril was gay, I mean he sent Skalator a dick pic, and I had an idea that Sax was gay. The others I really didn't know about until either they or someone else told me. We had an exorbitant amount it seemed, I just assumed since we really didn't care, we just wanted cool people to slay internet dragons with, that it sort of drew them to us. Maybe it was a FT thing to have a ton of gays playing there, maybe it was the LGBLTBBQ server of choice.

Wasn't it the other way around? Scott sent Mel a dick pic?
bacon
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Rhen » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:26 am

I believe several did; wasn't it for gold? I know Moon did as well.

EDIT: Tagg was definitely homo, just a nice quiet one.
Toe to toe friend or foe it's all that I know
Rhen
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Sulmar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Rhen wrote:I believe several did; wasn't it for gold? I know Moon did as well.

Sulmar
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:00 pm

Alls I'm saying is that you need some fucking homos in your guild.
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Timos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Git wrote:Alls I'm saying is that you need some fucking homos in your guild.

maybe we can get you to come out of retirement
Timos
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Git » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Timos wrote:
Git wrote:Alls I'm saying is that you need some fucking homos in your guild.

maybe we can get you to come out of retirement

If I'm a homo I'm playing the long con with all these goddamned kids wtf
Git
Reverend of Swagger

Postby tonavin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:18 am

ASLDEB on that charter baby
tonavin
Reverend of Swagger

Postby tonavin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:19 am