why hello there

Lance is Fat.

Postby Thel » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:50 pm

Truth. It had to be put out there.

Post if you agree.
Thel
Reverend of Swagger

Postby AlkalineDave » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:12 pm

Who was a part of the epic group that downed Lance in the arena?
AlkalineDave
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tenebris » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:15 pm

I most certainly agree. But i'm mostly just ecstatic that i no longer have a failing grade in math anymore!!!!!!!! I HAVE A FUCKIN D WOOOOOTTTT.

It isn't sad at all. Calculus fucking sucks. It was a high D, too. I could even scrounge out a low B(lowbie har har) by the end of semester.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now i just gotta get a make up exam(plus like 15 missed homeworks) and my grades will be looking pretty hot this semester.
Tenebris
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Bum_of_thunder » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:44 am

lolgrades

all the cool kids drop out of college and go to work early for half the pay!
Bum_of_thunder

Postby Tray » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:47 am

I dunno I always made more than the kids that went to college.

Then I'd laugh at them when I'd be training them, fucking petroleum engineers, bunch of non critical thinking idiots, that don't want to get their hands dirty.

The statement it's not what you know, it's who you know is truer than you'd ever imagine.

oh uhh be cool, stay in school

(don't want to send the wrong message to the impressionable youth)
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tenebris » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Tray wrote:I dunno I always made more than the kids that went to college.

too late, im dropping out now
Tenebris
Reverend of Swagger

Postby kapowskeet » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:12 pm

Tenebris wrote:
Tray wrote:I dunno I always made more than the kids that went to college.

too late, im dropping out now

i've already stop'd going to classes!
THX DADDY!
kapowskeet

Postby telp » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:27 pm

ouch tray....im a ChemE....andi would like to point out that for a summer internship i was making more money then some of the pumpers were in Wamsutter. I was also writting up system critiques that basically showed how work crews were doing shit wrong and how they need to fix all the little mistakes they made...all of that and im not even a professional engineer, and that was my first real exposure to the industry...

But yeah you are right most engineers are asshats that havent done any real work and think they are the shit cause they can recite a bunch of mathmatically challenging theories.
telp
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Bum_of_thunder » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:39 pm

I dropped out of college for a 15.50/hr job with great benefits...so yea i made half of what i probably should have made in that line of work.

I now make substantially more than that, actually more than quite a few of the college educated folks that are working in my office. What is really cool is i married a girl with a masters degree, so she makes almost double what i make...so between the two of us...we are like voltron when we combine!
Bum_of_thunder

Postby kapowskeet » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:56 pm

i want a sugar mamma :[
kapowskeet

Postby Thaniel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:54 pm

Well I beat you all...I go to college and get a steady paycheck for doing so....thus I drive an 01 Honda Prelude (don't be hatin on Honda! the jap's do it right!), ride a hawt snowboard, and always have money left over for things like beer, clothes, and of course wow!...I'll also graduate as an officer in the Canadian army and go directly into a $50k a year job... :D :D ! oh and did i mention that on the day i joined up money started goin into my retirement pension?? oh and i forgot to mention i get a university degree out of the deal..

Now i dont mean to brag...all of that is nice..but military college isnt exactly fun..and i put up with endless amounts of pointlesswastemytimeshit for that money! and besides..with my luck ill graduate, go to afghanistan and get my ass killed! GFG!
Thaniel

Postby Tray » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:58 pm

If you love what you do, you're rich beyond your means.

heh not saying anything but when I was 20 I had a job that took me around the US, let me drink lots of beer, go to titty bars and get paid to snowboard, gamble, drink, etc.... At least when things other than my tools broke down. Which happened alot.

Only downside was I was gone quite a bit, good if your single, not good if you're not.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Bum_of_thunder » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm

I'll also graduate as an officer in the Canadian army and go directly into a $50k a year job... !

sometimes i regret my pigheadedness of not joining the airforce back in the day.

Id be at least a captain by now, and have had all my college paid for. instead i was too cool and now have 30k college debt, working as a system admin, with 3 classes short of a psychology degree.

:?
Bum_of_thunder

Postby Thaniel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:20 pm

Tray wrote:If you love what you do, you're rich beyond your means.

This is true! and money and toys certainly do not buy happiness either...and I suppose I would have to look back to the reason I chose the military, which was not at all for the money. It was the desire to try and make a difference in Canada, and anywhere else I may be sent during my career. The desire to challenge myself and test my limits! That is what life is all about.
Thaniel

Postby Thaniel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:20 pm

8)
Thaniel

Postby AlkalineDave » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:29 pm

Bum_of_thunder wrote:
I'll also graduate as an officer in the Canadian army and go directly into a $50k a year job... !

sometimes i regret my pigheadedness of not joining the airforce back in the day.

Id be at least a captain by now, and have had all my college paid for. instead i was too cool and now have 30k college debt, working as a system admin, with 3 classes short of a psychology degree.

:?

Fuck the Air Force. They're a bunch of pussies.

Actually, I have friends in the Air Force. When I sleep in mud, they're in hotels. :-(
AlkalineDave
Reverend of Swagger

Postby chandos » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:32 pm

go army, beat navy!
chandos
Reverend of Swagger

Postby AlkalineDave » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm

chandos wrote:go army, beat navy!

fuck you too chan.
AlkalineDave
Reverend of Swagger

Postby Tray » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:36 pm

Took the nuclear test, and scored really really well.

Got to take the ASVAB by myself and smoked that one too.

Was seriously looking at Navy or Marines didn't exactly know what I was going to do.

Then I decided I was going to piss my time away getting laid, smoking dope and drinking 40's until I got fed up of school and lost my scholorships.

Decided the oilfield was the place for me after that.

Been working out well, although I really did want to enlist again when we invaded Iraq and all that shit was televised. Not for some sick and twisted getting my gun off fetish, but because it just seemed like we were doing the right thing at the time.

Plus I think that's why Dave likes me so much, I posted something along the lines of "Daves a marine serving overseas during times of war, so he can pretty much have any opinion he wants and you guys in your colleges can stfu and just tip your hat to him for what he's doing for you" or similar I think.
Tray
Reverend of Swagger

Postby chandos » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 pm

i wanted to enlist too. did the asvab twice. but then jared told me i wasn't cut out for it and i dropped the idea.
chandos
Reverend of Swagger

Next

Return to General